COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
Olympic View Golf Club is open for golf, with an updated set of guidelines and protocols.
As a business operator our priority is the well being and safety of our Members, Guests and Employees during this viral outbreak. Until this is behind us, we can expect many conversations and changing procedures. We continue to monitor the evolving global, federal and provincial public health situation around COVID-19 and commit to follow the latest directions provided to us by the relevant authorities. There are no limits as to the precautions that can be taken, however, with the information available we will endeavor to provide the safest environment possible for us to deliver a golf experience that adheres to our government and health regulators.
[UPDATED: May 26, 2021] Table Nineteen at Olympic View Open for Indoor Dining, Patio Dining, and Take-Out as per Provincial Health Orders.
Golfer Protocols (Members, Guests, Public)
It is imperative that ALL GOLFERS abide by the protocols below as failure to do so will result in the individual(s) being removed from the facility. We must all become socially responsible for our actions and behaviour so golf can remain open for the enjoyment of all, through these challenging times.
Any players without symptoms of COVID-19 are currently permitted to play golf if they adhere to the following protocols:
- PRIORITY 1 - Practice physical distancing. Always stay a minimum of 2 meters or 6 feet apart. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Masks or Face Coverings are MANDATORY in all areas of the clubhouse, except when eating or drinking
- All players will be required to handle their own clubs from arrival to departure.
- Meet on the first tee observing distancing guidelines with modified greetings, nods and waves [No handshakes or high fives etc.]
- Please carry your own bags as bag drop services will not be available
- Golfers should only pick their own ball up.
- Consider carrying your own hand sanitizer and use frequently while at the facility
- Handle your scorecard only.
- Public drinking fountains and ball cleaners have either been removed or closed for use, please bring your own towel.
- Leave the flag in place while putting as new cups allow for easy retrieval.
- Rakes have been removed. Smooth out the sand in the bunker with a club or your foot to the best of your ability.
- No handshakes on 18th green and do not hand over money!
- Insist on physical distancing using the minimum 2 meter rule on tees, greens and while walking down the fairways and throughout the round. Maintain physical distancing at ALL times while at our property; no gathering allowed.
- Please always follow signage and protocols provided to you by any of our employees.
- Any players with any symptoms of COVID-19, should not enter any part of the golf facility. If you are unsure please use the self assessment tool provided free online through or through the BC Support App Self assessment tool. Any players from a household with someone with any symptoms of COVID-19 should not enter any part of the golf facility. Any person who is self-isolating as a result of contact with an infected person or in families who are self-isolating, should not enter any part of the golf facility. Any player who has traveled outside of Canada or the province within the last 14 days should self isolate and not leave their home.
Olympic View Golf Club is taking certain measures to help prevent the possible spread of the virus.
To support the efforts of the individual, we have implemented certain strategies at this property that include:
- All Olympic View team members fill out a daily health questionnaire before the start of their shift.
- All Olympic View team members are wearing masks or face coverings in all public areas and shared work spaces
- The Clubhouse, Golf Shop and Practice Facility are open. Please follow posted signage and practice physical distancing while at the facility.
- Table Nineteen Restaurant is open following Provincial Health Office guidelines up to 50% of capacity. Maximum number of people per table is 6. Reservations recommended.
- Contact tracing procedures are in place before entering Table Nineteen.
- Guests need to remain seated at their table unless using the washroom or entering/exiting the restaurant.
- Moving between tables will not be permitted. Guests must only sit with the group that they came with.
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all Club areas, especially in areas of high use, such as washrooms and door handles.
- Placing additional hand sanitizer stations in high traffic, communal areas e.g. entrance to clubhouse, exit from washrooms.
- Adding educational signage reminding members and employees to take preventative measures to minimize risk.
- Removing non-essential items around the Golf Course and Clubhouse that can be handled by multiple persons.
- Limiting non-essential vendor and supplier visits.
- Enforce Physical distancing. Stay a minimum of 2 meters apart at all times.
Booking Procedures & Services
- Bookings can be made online or by phone at 250-474-3673, with a captain for the group making the reservation for all players. (See below for "Group Captain" responsibilities).
- Table Nineteen is open. Please contact us at 604 250 3673 #3 for reservations.
- Refreshment Cart is available daily and is weather dependent. Refreshment Centre is open 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- Reminder, no outside alcohol is permitted on the property, including the parking lot, as per government regulations! Individuals failing to abide by this policy will be asked to leave the property immediately.
- Clubhouse washrooms are open; increased cleaning protocols have been implemented.
Practice Facility Hours of Operation and Protocols
- Practice facility open daily from dawn-8:30pm. (Closed for scheduled maintenance every Monday until 9am).
- Range balls can be purchased in the golf shop or at the dispenser by either credit card or cash. We do suggest purchasing a FOB from the golf shop which is our safest option.
- Increased spacing between hitting stalls.
- Increased cleaning protocols of golf balls and all touch points.
The “Group Captain”
This is the person making the tee time and is agreeing to take responsibility for the actions of their group. This person is responsible for:
- Everyone in the group is in good health before starting.
- Booking the tee time, ensuring all players' names are reserved, and making any changes to the booking.
- Checking in at th Golf Shop, 4-person maximum in the golf shop at one time.
- Ensure the group tees off at their reserved time. Not before or after.
- Ensuring that social distancing of 2 meters is adhered to at all times between each other and other groups.
- Failure to comply will result in immediately being asked to leave the Golf Course.
- Leaves within a reasonable amount of time after completion of the round.
It is imperative that all golfers abide by the above protocols as failure to do so will result in the individual(s) being removed from the facility. We must all become socially responsible for our actions and behaviour so golf can remain open for the enjoyment of all, through these challenging times.